COVID-19 Office Policies
To our valued patients:
The health and safety of our patients, our staff, and our community are our top priority.
Our office follows infection control recommendations from both state and federal agencies. We’ve implemented additional safety precautions, and are adhering to strict social distancing guidelines in all areas of the office. While this will reduce the number of patients in the building at any one time, it may also mean that you are offered fewer options when scheduling appointments. We appreciate your understanding and your support during this challenging time.
In prep for your appointment, please review the following list that outlines what to expect when you arrive for your appointment:
- When you arrive to the office, please remain in your vehicle and call the office from the car: 912-673-6545 to let us know you have arrived.
- We’ll ask a few health screening questions over the phone. (NOTE: if patient is a minor, the screening questions will be asked of both the patient and the parent/ guardian who has accompanied them.) We’ll also collect your payment by debit/ credit card (preferred) right over the phone. (Note, if you’re paying by cash or check, please have it ready – we will collect it from you curbside.
- We’ll bring your receipt and any paperwork to be signed out to your vehicle, and we’ll take the temperature of the patient (Note, if patient the patient is a child, we will also take the temperature of the parent/ guardian.)
- When we’re ready for your appointment, we’ll call you from the office and have you enter the building. (Note, if patient is over the age of 12, we ask that parents/ guardians remain in the car. We will take good care of your loved one!)
- Please use hand sanitizer as soon as you enter the office, as well as after using the restroom and leaving the office. We’ll provide you with any remaining paperwork, e.g. receipt for cash/ check payment, Doctor’s note, appointment card in the event a follow-up visit is required (rare instances).
- We ask that if at all possible, you wear a mask upon entering the office. Please keep your mask in place until you are advised by the surgical staff to remove it. NOTE: our goal is to usher you straight to the surgical suite for your appt., but in the event you must remain in the lobby for a short time, please adhere to all posted signs and floor markers to ensure safe social distancing.
- Once your procedure is complete, you will be released by the surgical staff. If you had IV sedation, we’ll call your driver and ask them to pull around to the patient pick-up area. A member of the surgical team will review post-op instructions with your driver, and will help them get you safely in the car.
- Once your evaluation is complete, a member of the surgical staff will escort you to the lobby area. A member of the Front Desk staff will provide you with a paper copy of Dr. Pennington’s recommended treatment plan for your records, and will review the estimated fees that will be due at the time of treatment.
- If you are ready to schedule your surgical appointment/ next appointment, we can do so at that time. However, to ensure safe social distancing practices, we reserve the right to instead ask that you await a follow-up call from our team for scheduling.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.
Diane Pennington Mimick, D.M.D., M.D.