COVID-19 Office Policies
The health and safety of our patients, our staff, and our community are our top priority.
Our office follows infection control recommendations from both state and federal agencies. We’ve implemented additional safety precautions, and are adhering to strict social distancing guidelines in all areas of the office. While this will reduce the number of patients in the building at any one time, it may also mean that you are offered fewer options when scheduling appointments. We appreciate your understanding and your support during this challenging time.
In prep for your appointment, please review the following list that outlines what to expect when you arrive for your appointment:
FOR ALL APPOINTMENTS:
MASKS ARE REQUIRED for entry to the facility!
- When you arrive to the office, please remain in your vehicle and call us from the car: 912-673-6545 so we know you have arrived.
- We’ll ask a few health screening questionsover the phone. (NOTE: if patient is a minor, the screening questions will be asked of both the patient and the parent/ guardian who has accompanied them.)
- If paying by debit/ credit card (preferred), we’ll collect your payment over the phone. (If you’re paying by cash or check, we’ll collect it when you come in.)
- We prefer that your driver remain outside; however, if (s)he prefers to wait in the office, it is allowed so long as a MASK is worn at all times, and screening questions/ temperature check are completed for him/ her.
- Once in the office, we’ll take your temperature.
- Please use hand sanitizer as soon as you enter the office, as well as after using the restroom and leaving the office. We’ll provide you with any remaining paperwork, e.g. receipt for cash/ check payment, Doctor’s note, appointment card in the event a follow-up visit is required.
For SURGICAL Appointments:
- Once your procedure is complete, you will be released by the surgical staff. If you had IV sedation, we’ll ask your driver to pull around to the patient pick-up area. A member of the surgical team will review post-op instructions with your driver, and will help them get you safely in the car.
For EVALUATION Appointments:
- Once your evaluation is complete, a member of the surgical staff will escort you to the lobby area. A member of the Front Desk staff will provide you with a paper copy of Dr. Pennington’s recommended treatment plan for your records, and will review the estimated fees that will be due at the time of treatment.
- If you are ready to schedule your surgical appointment/ next appointment, we can do so at that time. However, to ensure safe social distancing practices, we reserve the right to instead ask that you await a follow-up call from our team for scheduling.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.
Diane Pennington Mimick, D.M.D., M.D.