General Anesthesia / IV Sedation Patients
- Wear no tight clothing or high heeled shoes on the day of your appointment. Wear a short sleeved shirt or blouse.
- Please use the restroom before your appointment.
- If you develop a cold or illness with fever, productive cough or severe nasal congestion in the days before your surgery is scheduled, please call the office. A change of appointment may be necessary.
- Do not wear fingernail polish or acrylic fingernails.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- This time has been reserved for you. Please give us 48 hours’ notice if you cannot keep this appointment. If you do not make your appointment and do not call to cancel, a fee will apply.
For Patients Having IV Sedation
- Do not eat or drink anything, even water, for at least 6 hours before your surgery appointment. Failure to follow this instruction may be life-threatening.
- Be sure that a responsible person accompanies you on the day of your appointment. This person must remain in the office during your surgery and drive you home. Do not drive your car for 24 hours after your surgery.
- You should be supervised for the first 24 hours after surgery.
Attention: All minors under 19 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.